A Memorial Haiku For Maurice Sendak - Poem by Chenou Liu
last rays of the sun...
dog-eared Where the Wild Things Are
spread out on my desk
Note: Maurice Sendak, widely considered the most important children's book artist of the 20th century, died at the age of 83 yesterday. His genre-breaking and career-making book, Where the Wild Things Are, was published in 1963, the year I was born.
Comments about A Memorial Haiku For Maurice Sendak by Chenou Liu
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl