A Nightmare - Poem by Stan Petrovich
The rapid barometric stuttering
of a sudden downpour
vacating the streets
I fear not.
the amble of a six-gun toting
troublemaker, intoxicated as all get out,
Shouting, 'I smash you head in! '
Him I fear.
The strength of arms
Against such a predator
Shall turn his head inside out;
This I command:
(At least in my mind's eye) ,
And the brunt of my hand
Can shatter his nose
So it goes into his brain.
Then I will dispose of his guns.
Comments about A Nightmare by Stan Petrovich
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl