A Painful Truth - Poem by Debasish Mishra
Have you ever ruined
I have, rather unintensionally,
Ended someone's efforts & expectations.
But my ignorance is no excuse
For the gush of pain that I caused...
Nothing can compensate that loss.
A feeling of remorse takes over me
With an inescapable grip.
Yet what more can I do
For perpetrating a thing
That I did, rather unwillingly.
This discovery opens a stream of pain in me
Which can never be tantamount to what I caused.
I fail to understand
Whether I am guilty
Or a mere victim...
Comments about A Painful Truth by Debasish Mishra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl