But Why? ? ? ? - Poem by Debasish Mishra
I never knew the reason -
The actual reason -
For the sudden twist of things...
My love was true, my heart was pure,
Unmisted by the mundane things-
May be that was the reason
For this perennial spring of grief in me...
Tears trickle down silently...
striving to trace the actual reason.
I deciphered her honeyed words
To be the manifestation of love.
But I was probably beaten
By the pretence of feigned lovingness.
O! that disguised Dishonesty.
Today I stand -
Deserted, destroyed, desolate and desperate -
Undone by despair and cruelty of Fate...
My undying yet smouldering heart
Still carries on the inquisition - 'But why? ? ? '
Comments about But Why? ? ? ? by Debasish Mishra
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl