A Parent's Love - Poem by Terry Wiens
I’ve had me many lovers,
I’ve even loved a few,
Regardless of my feelings,
I knew what I could do.
I always knew the boundaries,
I knew where I could go,
But once you have your children,
The love will really grow.
There are no rules or limits,
For the love we feel for them,
We love them unconditionally,
For from our love they do stem,
We may get somewhat angry,
Over little things they do,
But we love them with a passion,
That’s reserved for very few.
So love your children dearly,
And build their life force strong,
For their life is so dependent,
On you as they move along,
We give our children lessons,
Throughout their younger years,
The love we feel for our children,
Is present in our tears.
Comments about A Parent's Love by Terry Wiens
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl