Muhammad Izhar ul Haq
A Poem - Poem by Muhammad Izhar ul Haq
There is a strange bitter taste in my mouth
The crystal water as it strikes
the rocky slabs
tears me also into shreds
Perhaps at a little distance from here
It is snowing in the mountains.
Everything is cold. I hold nothing against anyone.
Why does the moon peer from a cloud?
Why hold up someone who is intent on leaving?
[Translated by Muhammad Salim-ur-rahman]
Comments about A Poem by Muhammad Izhar ul Haq
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda