Muhammad Izhar ul Haq
Authorization - Poem by Muhammad Izhar ul Haq
The points is not
whether your hair is wet or dry,
whether it is still long or has been cropped,
whether your cheeks are glowing or not;
the points is
whether the writing can be seen or not.
Remove the piece of paper tied to its leg
before you allow the homing pigeon to fly away.
The winter is over
and the supply of dried meat has been laid in.
Before you hole up in the cellar
look out for me a last time;
and if my horse returns without me
take off from in the saddle and the saddle-bag.
And should a traveler, covered with snow,
call for help in the deserted settlement
give him shelter in the cellar.
After all, you are not an angel.
[Translated by Muhammad Salim-ur-rahman]
Comments about Authorization by Muhammad Izhar ul Haq
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl