A Rewind Of Some Kind - Poem by joanna donne
The beat of my heart quickened with your presence
I tried to match your rebellion and obscure my innocence
You caused me intense pain-
And nearly made me insane,
When I imagined your signs were all in my head
And thus drowned my sorrows while in bed.
I only wished you knew how much I loved you
And only hoped it was true for you too.
Don’t ask me why you stole my heart and mind
My heart remains the only part of me I could never control
I always imagined you’d appear after a drum roll
Instead of leaving me in this large and deep black hole.
Sometimes I want a rewind of some kind,
But mostly to somehow leave you behind.
Comments about A Rewind Of Some Kind by joanna donne
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda