A Thunderstorm Awakens Ghosts - Poem by Ivona Sophia
a thunderstorm awakens ghosts
sleeping in the darkening house,
a wind releasing windows from their frames,
untying shadows. walls are shivering under
cold showers of rain. the old house is groaning,
stretching out wooden stairs to the attic,
returning from the dead our long forgotten prayer.
Lord give us clean water mutual love daily
bread sudden death and protect us from
the storm unconditional hatred fire and water
tuck in my thoughts. take away my chills.
tell me all the stories that live in this house.
calm the night. let me drift away
within safe walls of our home
to a sunnier awakening. tomorrow.
Comments about A Thunderstorm Awakens Ghosts by Ivona Sophia
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl