Ah, Some Better Some Other - Poem by David Howerton
whole world gets darker.
Stop shake off fear
smell brewing coffee, sigh
earned from hours typing.
Knees ache, distracting from
the brief quiet before
Almost quiet enough to hear
pencil on paper.
Those few nameless birds
still calling before winter sets in
fade into traffic noise.
Comments about Ah, Some Better Some Other by David Howerton
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl