An Ode To My Friend. - Poem by Cecilia Parkin
What gossamer threads, though strong as steel
Bind us together - as friend to friend.
What common ground do we share
In spoken and un-spoken words, deeds success
Shared hurt, solemn occasion, or laughters mirth.
Life is the better for the knowing.
Life the richer for the sharing.
But if future fates one day decide-
That our paths are to divide,
Then I will grieve the loss of face and form
And hold closely to all gone before,
Treasure future contact in whatever form.
And if sometime to tears I lend
T'will be because I miss my Friend.
Comments about An Ode To My Friend. by Cecilia Parkin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl