Cecilia Parkin Poems
- His Life For Our Life. I keep the Cross before my eyes And ...
- Urbanisation. The crows swing silently On the telephone ...
- Abba Father. Abba Father hold me close When my faith is ...
- Entrapment She looked my way, then smiled and waved. The ...
- An Ode To My Friend. What gossamer threads, though strong as ...
- Pilgrimage To The Past. I pushed aside the braken From your ...
- A Message To My Love. When first we met and sat, Hands and ...
Began writing poetry about 30 years ago mainly for special friends, or occasions.Have had many poems published romantic, religous, serious, funny, topical. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
His Life For Our Life.
I keep the Cross before my eyes
And know the sacrifice He made.
His life for mine, His life for ALL
Is what his dieing did that day.
I hear the shouts and feel the pain
As He trudged His destined way.
Scourged, deserted, denied, betrayed,
Soon-His death became- -
The heavons exploaded, the lightened raged,
His followers bewildered lay.
All hope was lost, Nothing remained! .
Then came the Glorious Easter Day! .