U Win Kyi
An Unfriendly Work Place - Poem by U Win Kyi
When I was promoted higher,
they felt indignant and bitter,
saying that I was no smarter,
but more sexier,
to the boss staying closer.
Such talking was so unfair.
When I smiled at them,
they didn't smile back in return,
I thought it was out of jealousy,
making me feel so sorry.
When I was sad,
they felt very glad,
out of hatred,
to pull my leg.
Bitterness, jealousy and hatred filled the atmosphere,
though we were working together.
The friendliness was just superficial,
neither deep nor special,
from which I wanted to escape to another.
Comments about An Unfriendly Work Place by U Win Kyi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl