Anger Against The Land - Poem by Marilyn Lott
The sun comes up as usual
Folks go about their chores
Expecting life to be the same
Like a tide that flows on shore.
And then things start to happen
The sky turns deadly dark
A funnel cloud begins to form
And fright begins to spark.
A tornado forms up in the sky
Oh yes, many people know
That this is the time to realize
They'd better find a safe place to go.
Lives are taken, homes demolished
This mass is a destructive thing
And no one knows exactly
What this wicked storm will bring.
I guess it's a phenomenon
Only experts are able to understand
Nature shows a destructive side
Like anger against the land!
Comments about Anger Against The Land by Marilyn Lott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl