Anniversary - Poem by Ivona Sophia
I have my wish list, hidden under the pillow,
reread in every deep sleep, memorized by day.
It’s much more than an old piece of paper
with crossed out words, silently vanishing.
some people exchange wishes for chances.
it makes thoughts materialistic, cold, and smooth.
how would it be to live breath to breath,
looks over the table with this aching urge
for a touch, to declare love by arranging letters
into words, like puzzles, lighting the room?
magic is in simple things, in the colors of your ties,
first flames in the fireplace, coffee cups
(mine is square, remember) , keys, promises,
twilights and dawns, in the way my hand fits
perfectly in yours, in today’s light,
in a memorized wish, so vivid under my eyelids.
Comments about Anniversary by Ivona Sophia
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl