Anticipating Beginnings - Poem by Villie Beebs
At last the night fades into dusk
As these tears turn to rust
Down the tarnished metal surface of my hardened heart
It remains so cold to be apart
So bold to try to start anew again, in such thoughts that linger to appear
As I figure to be encased in fear, awaiting for my love to arrive
Inside I feel it start to thrive, it comes to life, it beats inside
Breathing, needing, feeling yet again this emotion that is to end
Because I sit here alone, cold, still softly fading and yet waiting to be held again...
But god how long, why now, but when?
Comments about Anticipating Beginnings by Villie Beebs
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl