Jay P Narain
Away - Poem by Jay P Narain
Leaving you, I went to the distant land,
hugging you, I left my heart behind.
I thought I will have a blast,
here I find myself lost at last.
When I return to my habitat after a hectic day of work,
I find myself in the void missing your smile and chat
when I wine and dine with hosts and colleagues,
the fun and pleasure, in your absence, seem so incomplete.
After a tiring day, I think I will sleep like a log the bed,
after a few hours of sleep, I am awake looking for you in my bed.
I am waiting to go back home,
I will find everything I want in your waiting arms.
Comments about Away by Jay P Narain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl