Beautiful Day - Poem by Laura Strom
The tender sunshine in the morining
warms my face as my eyes imitate
those of a newborn-squinting, blinking
trying to make out what is before me.
My mouth yawns and I feel rested.
'Beautiful Day' are the words
that scroll through my mind.
The pain of yesterday
will get a raincheck.
I'm too busy embracing
this wonderful feeling.
No time for tears. All I can hear
is the wind whispering in my ears.
As I recall the dream
I encountered that night.
'It's almost a fantasy come to lyfe'
I remember thinking.
But now that I'm awake I know
nothing can be as wonderful
as the gift God has sent me...
Another Beautiful Day.
Comments about Beautiful Day by Laura Strom
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda