Between Our Dreams And Then Our Lives. - Poem by David Keig
There's a little place that lies
Between our dreams and then our lives
Its a place where we should always spend some time.
Its the place where lovers meet
Its the place that on the street
Separates me from simply what is mine.
Its the place where bank accounts
And concerns about amounts
Take second place to what it is that matters.
Its sometimes hidden in the mind
But its there for us to find
If we will only just stop idle chatter.
It's a place that is our own
It's been with us while we've grown
It's the inner peace within the outer wrapping.
It's not taught to you at school
And doesn't follow any rules
It's the soul we have and without which we're lacking.
Comments about Between Our Dreams And Then Our Lives. by David Keig
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda