Blow Up Doll - Poem by Medusa Waves
I keep meeting people and lovers who want to
Make some fantasy of me,
Some ethereal lover from pink clouds and sea foam.
They create me into this spectacular person,
An otherworldly figure made of dandelions and grass
But when I peer into the looking glass,
I only see a fragile girl, lost in the fantasies of others
You tell me so much of what you made me up to be
That I, sometimes forget, it is okay to be flawed.
It is okay to be human, it is okay
to be real and genuine to myself.
Comments about Blow Up Doll by Medusa Waves
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda