Broken - Poem by Abby Jackson
This friendship wasn't meant to be
Because of your lies you made me believe
This bond of friends is now broken
So we tear apart and leave.
As I watch you turn away
Tears slowly start to fall.
And I wonder
Did I do anything, anything at all?
Long ago, it seems like a past life
I sat on Grandma's lap and she began to recite:
'Listen child. Life is life, it will never change.
The light of friendship will always ignite.
When friends break apart
It means that you been taken
By lies, by secrets, by mistreats
The friendship was mistaken.'
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about Broken by Abby Jackson
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda