Child Of Diaspora - Poem by Jonte Lyon
Mass amount of my people locked behind
the steel coffin is merely modern day slavery.
Cops kill my brothers for nothing yet their
cowardice is perceived as bravery.
I live in a country where misguided men false
sense of supremacy contaminates democracy.
Imbedded fear, mixed with inherited prejudice
is the reason freedom is the greatest hypocrisy.
Comments about Child Of Diaspora by Jonte Lyon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Jonte Lyon's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda