Come To Me In Early Hours - Poem by William McGehee
Come to me in early hours
So softly, as the morning dew
Forming on the forest flowers.
Come take me back in time with you.
Come to me, my ancient goddess.
Lead me away from desperate times.
Let me drink from Lethe's pureness.
Help me to cleanse my weary mind.
Come impart your gift of laughter,
So I may feel that joy again:
To smile once more, even after
Experiencing the wars of men.
But when you do return my soul
Once more back to its mortal woes
Where I must face what Fate has doled
And only dream of your repose.
Remember me, as t'were your son.
For I for must fight all is done.
Comments about Come To Me In Early Hours by William McGehee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl