Day Trippin' - Poem by Sam Price
I had a zoo full of people,
But no money was made.
For all the people in the zoo,
Were well and truly caged.
The monkeys jumped and pointed,
The hyenas just laughed.
To see all these humans trapped behind reinforced glass.
The animals got together to see what they should do,
And all together they agreed that they should run the zoo.
The elephants sold penuts,
The penguins ran the pool.
The bears sold tickets,
while the monkeys played the fool.
From every nation animals came,
It almost was a race,
To see these natural party poopers put firmly in their place.
And a flag flew high from a church steaple,
Saying in bold letters 'please don't feed the people'.
Comments about Day Trippin' by Sam Price
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl