Days Glide - Poem by Naveed Akram
Days glided away from the seats of pleasure,
The quick spirit was mastered by the face;
Havoc of months and years persuaded me
To see the arrangements, and the several libraries
Of thoughts and endeavours.
I guessed of resemblances and letters,
Numbers pursued the words and words succumbed,
Each moment passed its time,
Months were old periods and designed to elate
The believers who repented for illnesses.
Comments about Days Glide by Naveed Akram
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda