Death Benefits - Poem by Gregory Huyette
As death approaches it helps me appreciate life,
Since thought of dying makes daily problems fade.
Worries about all material things causing strife
Mean nothing in view of death’s daunting shade.
Death reminds me how precious is each day.
A rising sun engenders hope with its shine
Its movement means limited time to leave my say
To improve the world with my personal design
Death helps me focus on things that really count
Like the importance of love of family and friends,
And secondary significance of wealth in any amount,
Knowing that my body dies but, my soul never ends.
Comments about Death Benefits by Gregory Huyette
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda