Your sword vs my pen
Death In Union City - Poem by Your sword vs my pen
If everything you hide, you said,
Admit the truth,
Accept the consequences.
I only hear the voices in my head,
So I don’t catch your vague mistakes
And empty promises.
Staring at your reflection,
I tear myself away from reaching out,
Expand my lungs to scream your name…
The emptiness of holding stone again.
Rejoice- when I take your life again,
Reborn- another chance to all pretend.
Control- your voice is buried in my head,
Deceit- this everlasting love is dead.
“Your life was wasted on me” she said,
“Don’t save a seat beside your golden throne.”
Overthrown- the tyrant
Drowned in gold,
And now silence reigns supreme…
I miss the voice of my queen.
Comments about Death In Union City by Your sword vs my pen
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda