Dreamlover - Poem by Terry Wiens
The melodic voice I held so dear,
The tender words that I could hear,
The soft angelic sounds she spoke,
The whispered sweetness when I woke.
Slipping out of sleep’s embrace,
Wondrous dreams now just a trace,
A duvet’s warmth upon my skin,
Dawn’s new light is shining in.
Where is the voice that roused me so?
Where is that sweetness I did know?
I realize now rising from my bed,
That long lost love lives in my head.
Comments about Dreamlover by Terry Wiens
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl