Earth - Poem by Nyles Peele
A marvelous round orb,
in the neverending reaches of space.
So tender with it's comforting clouds of vapor,
yet so timid with its ferocious erupting volcanoes.
Full of life with its fish down in the sea,
mammals here on land,
and birds soaring through the air above.
And also so full of death and ways to die.
As loving as a mother with its cool waves and light breezes,
or as punishing as a father with its harsh storms and brutal weather.
So full of flaws and full of perfection.
The only planet suitable for life in this galaxy, unique in its own way.
Mankinds only refuge in the endless area of the unknown,
our home, our planet,
and even our dreamland.
Comments about Earth by Nyles Peele
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda