Empty I Came, Filled I Go! - Poem by Fathimath Safwana
I stepped into my school
With full of fright,
To see different heads with different sight.
Mama left my hands and she went out,
With full of hope that seed will sprout.
Once i was admitted in the school,
I was weeping on the stool.
The time when teacher gave us food,
I saw little ones in different mood.
Empty i was in the class,
Thinking about cow and grass.
Step by step the stairs i climbed,
Teacher helped me from a height.
Papa was full of joy and pride,
To see me glowing like a sun.
Empty i was when i came,
With the tears sheding from my eyes.
I left my school with knowledge and peace,
Weeping with a paper piece! !
Comments about Empty I Came, Filled I Go! by Fathimath Safwana
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Fathimath Safwana's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl