Faith 1988 - Poem by Andrew Fincham
'There but for the grace of God
Said the saint to the sinner
As he caught the deamon’s eye.
But the chanted never mattered
For before the dawn came upward
feeling that beyond them lay
a mystery of longing that was
better left unsaid.
In the hope of new tomorrow:
Never bringing up the distance
Of the place they're not for reaching -
Or the magic (times encountered)
That one day
Might be compelling.
Comments about Faith 1988 by Andrew Fincham
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl