Fighter - Poem by Hannah Shier
There are times in life
when things don't go your way.
All of your well-laid plans fall to pieces.
Every part keeps going astray.
You just want to give up,
let the others have it their way
with their crazy plan of annihilation
and mutilation help at bay,
but you can't -
your conscious won't let you.
And so you continue to fight,
ignoring all the others are you who
keep telling you to give up,
back away - it's no good -
but still you stand tall
and, for that,
I thank you.
Comments about Fighter by Hannah Shier
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl