Firefly - Poem by Dennis Lambert
You are my firefly,
Amid the others.
Your cool light beckons me.
Yes I have decided,
Amid the others,
You are my firefly.
Sometimes I see you clearly,
Sometimes I lose you in the darkness,
And search with my heart for light.
I must anticipate your luminescence,
Where your pulsing light will be
And where my hands must be
To gently hold you
And make your light my own
And make your glow touch my darkness.
Comments about Firefly by Dennis Lambert
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl