Food For Thought - Poem by David Taylor
Now here’s a thought for poets fraught
and trying to make a living,
from penning verse of many kinds
and lending us their worthy minds,
in realms diverse and many.
Some will keep to what’s held deep,
and only seek to reach our heart,
with kind, insightful, mystic art,
to sooth the soul and light the dark.
Or raise us up when life is blue,
or when were sick and off our food.
But if they would be well fed
they might resort to current news,
or stories with a twist of fate,
to mischief verse, or some debate,
on HIV or “the sovereign state”.
To give us all some food for thought
and goad you all to comment
'that poet has a clever mind,
you'd think he could write a sonnet'
So feed them well, or go to hell!
Comments about Food For Thought by David Taylor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl