Ghazal 1 (English Tranlation) - Poem by Daagh Dehlvi
You've an objection to come [to me] and don't invite me either
You don't disclose the reason for severing relations either
What have you said? Say again, "I don't want to listen to you"
If [you] don't want to listen, I don't intend to say anything to such persons either
What a veil it is that [she's] settled close to the screen
[She] neither hides clearly nor does she come in the open
If the relation has been severed then why continue oppressions?
Those who don't relate to don't torment either
O Daagh! If you're fed up with life then why are you alive
Life isn't dear to you and you don't quit living either
Comments about Ghazal 1 (English Tranlation) by Daagh Dehlvi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda