Gone - Poem by Brian Potthast
Everything I wanted, laid out before me
Setting there for me to enjoy
Blink for a second and its gone
Taken from me like the water from the sky
Gone, into the darkness like cat in the night
How can you go from hero to zero in an instant?
From top of your game, straight to the bottom again.
Clouded vision kept me from seeing.
Kept me from hearing, feeling, knowing.
Knowing what was coming, but not accepting.
Everything I wished I could do.
The cause to all this pain.
Not being there to help, nor to hold.
This must be the reason for the sudden rain.
The downpour over my head.
All hope of a comeback is gone.
Nothing more to look forward to.
Everything I had, gone without a trace.
Comments about Gone by Brian Potthast
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl