Goodbye My Friends - Poem by CHARMAINE SIMPSON
So this is goodbye my treasured friends.
As we say goodbye tears flow
Not of sadness,
Tears as we smile and cherish the unforgettable
Memories we have shared.
The days and nights we sat talking
Until there was no oxygen left in the room
We laughed as we shared our most intimate secrets.
Listening to beautiful tunes that touched our hearts.
Some people come into our lives and leave without a trace
You my friends have left a permanent mark in my heart
Alongside the 3 little spaces I hold for each of your beautiful children.
My life would of felt a void without you both
I admire and love you dearly
I know we will meet again someday
But for now – goodbye.
Comments about Goodbye My Friends by CHARMAINE SIMPSON
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda