He And She - Poem by Deepa Thomas
He asked: “Why do you love me,
Even when I hurt you?
Even when I have nothing to offer?
Even when world is against us? ”
She smiled and walked away
Hiding those tears which threatened
To fall and form another stream
But, never answered that question
In her silent tears,
In her heart was the answer
Which was evident like daylight,
Which he failed to see or understand.
She whispered to herself:
“Will he ever understand
Why gardener loves his roses
Though they have hurting thorns?
Will someone tell him
Why a mother loves
Even her most deformed child?
Is it beyond his understanding
That love is beyond all reasons? ”
Comments about He And She by Deepa Thomas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl