How Long? - Poem by Buxton Shippy
How long are you gonna wait to say it,
After I hit the town?
How long are you gonna wait to show it,
When all I have left, is a frown?
Go ahead, sing all you want;
It's the only joy left,
Of this union;
I will not bend,
I will not beg,
I will not rant,
Forging a path to reconciliation.
But let the embers burn,
Below the smoldering heat;
Then, what you feel, I shall not spurn,
To win the heart That I seek.
Comments about How Long? by Buxton Shippy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl