I Am You (Lyrics) (1994) - Poem by Patrick Wescott
I am all the terror,
seen through your eyes.
I am all the mockery,
heard throughout your lies.
I am the deadly poison,
driping from your blade.
Im the horror that you face,
that makes people run
I am in your soul,
driving you to kill.
I am in your brain,
making it a thrill.
I am in your heart,
pushing it to rage.
Im the gun in your hand,
that puts you in the cage.
You try to hide beneath a smile.
Truly evil all the while.
You try to play the gentleman.
But that aint even in the plan.
Only pretend you know its true,
Because underneath I AM YOU
I am you...
When the mask peels from your eyes.
When the darkness turns to lies.
And the magic seems to fade away...
I AM YOU
Comments about I Am You (Lyrics) (1994) by Patrick Wescott
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl