I Could Die Today - Poem by Haley Akin
What if I stay in fear?
Saying, 'But, I could die today'
Afraid to live my life
Not allowing come what may
What would really happen
If I stopped chasing all my dreams?
Where would all the future go?
What would life then really mean?
I have to keep on moving
Making progress with this life
Pushing back my fears
I can't let them win this fight
This terror made me stronger
‘Cause now, I hold that fear at bay
I will give each day a meaning
Because... I could die today
I shall mourn the lives of thousands
Each as precious as my own
Living fearless in their honor
Because if I die I'm not alone
Comments about I Could Die Today by Haley Akin
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl