I Dreamt Of You Last Night Again - Poem by William McGehee
I dreamt of you last night again
A boon unto my sorrows bore
With brief relief and ease of pain
As I held you closer than before.
Within the passion of my dream,
Where misery's begotten cold
Was warmed by love and so it seemed
That blessings in my sleep unfold.
But morning-tide came swift and bright
And when the lighted rays of day
O're came the moon beams of the night
So you did fade and drift away.
But come the dark when rest may heal
My heart when swollen, bloody, bruised
Where in my thoughts and dreams I feel
The joy again whilst holding you.
Comments about I Dreamt Of You Last Night Again by William McGehee
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda