I'M Only Human - Poem by Greg Oosterhouse
I’m only human,
I make mistakes.
So don’t base your faith on me,
For goodness sake!
You see me break God’s Laws,
So you give up on Christianity.
You say that you want nothing to do
With such hypocrisy.
Look in the Bible,
Then you will see
That even great people of the faith
Have committed many an atrocity.
We are all to follow Jesus’ example,
A lot of the time, a very difficult thing to do.
So don’t judge the entire religion on the faults of others,
For doing wrong is something that you do, too!
So, when in doubt,
Look to God’s holy Word.
Prayer will help you figure it out.
That is how to truly follow the Lord!
Lord, there is none beside, nor before You.
Domine Deus, tu solus sanctus. Amen.
Comments about I'M Only Human by Greg Oosterhouse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl