'Another Year Older' - Poem by Greg Oosterhouse
Here you are, another year older.
Another year past of pushing the boulder.
You have grown a little wiser,
And trouble spewed out like a geyser.
Some days were stormy, others were fair.
Some days were happy, others filled with care.
Through each day, you strived on with faith.
You based your actions on what the Almighty saith.
May this year be filled with blessings and bliss.
At year's end, may you happily say this:
'I feel like I'm in seventh heaven!
May 2008 be as glorious as was 2007! '
Lord, there is none beside, nor before You.
Domine Deus, tu solus sanctus. Amen.
© Greg A. Oosterhouse,12-14-2006
Comments about 'Another Year Older' by Greg Oosterhouse
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl