I'M Sorry - Poem by Mary Wismer
I saw him the other day,
Met his eyes and looked away
I am fine and how are you?
Always busy – I am too
He Told some news, I nod, a smile
and the time stopped for a while.
He Still the same familiar ease...
He smiling sad, I have to cease...
I.said 'I’m sorry 'I shook his hand...
I dared no hug I could not stand...
I said good bye and turned and went...
with shoulders straight...I left him sad with tears
I felt so bad but what can I do
I wish I could, that’s terrible
...all the words I never said...
...keep on running in my head...
7. January 2008
Comments about I'M Sorry by Mary Wismer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda