I Pray - Poem by Brian McBrand
I pray for the Middle East, that much not have good to ever say
I pray for the Iraqi Men, Women, and the Children longing to play.
I pray that they find their hearts and throw away the hate
I pray that their children shall not find their parents current fate.
I pray that they find what they have forever been fighting all about
I pray that there they know the war draws nigh and peace does shout.
It is in prayer I find when all the questions and all the answers fail.
That I find that the light fills the void and goodness will prevail.
I pray in times of peace and twice in times of war for all my loving kin.
I also pray for mine enemy that he may also pray and let the peace begin
Comments about I Pray by Brian McBrand
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl