In Silence - Poem by Lance Carthen
I love you...the last words I would ever hear.
Spoken to me before the silence of all silence's would come to me.
I see you smile when I am near.
You will never know how I yearn to hear your voice..so sweet.
How I pray this is all a silent dream from which I havent yet awoken.
Perhaps oneday to wake up and hear birds sing.
To embrace your words like they were gold that was spoken.
Such a beautiful vision...forever a dream.
But may hope never be betrayed.
As long as the wind shall blow and the sun shine.
I shall listen closely...perhaps oneday to hear her calling my name.
Deaf I am, though never have I been blind.
Never will I be a slave to silence in shame.
Comments about In Silence by Lance Carthen
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl