In Strength - Poem by Jarmara Black
In strength I grow, my mind I stretch
Every muscle in my body taught in readiness,
In readiness for my time
I’m coiled tight ready to pounce on my life
My teeth are sharp, my jaws are strong
Ready to bite and hold on to my life
My hands strong and grasping pull my life close to me
My eyes bright and piercing look into my life
It’s too dark too shallow
Too much for others not enough for me
More for me is needed
And less of others needs controlling mine
How do I escape these binding biting ropes that tie me down?
How do I get away from these dark cords that hold me down?
How do I break free from this dark despair?
Comments about In Strength by Jarmara Black
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl