Despair Poems - Poems For Despair - - Poem by | Poem Hunter
Poems about despair. You can read the best despair poems. Browse through all despair poems.
A Song Of Despair - Poem by Pablo Neruda
The memory of you emerges from the night around me.
The river mingles its stubborn lament with the sea.
Deserted like the wharves at dawn.
It is the hour of departure, oh deserted one!
Cold flower heads are raining over my heart.
Oh pit of debris, fierce cave of the shipwrecked.
In you the wars and the flights accumulated.
From you the wings of the song birds rose.
You swallowed everything, like distance.
Like the sea, like time. In you everything sank!
It was the happy hour of assault and the kiss.
The hour of the spell that blazed like a lighthouse.
Pilot's dread, fury of blind driver,
turbulent drunkenness of love, in you everything sank!
In the childhood of mist my soul, winged and wounded.
Lost discoverer, in you everything sank!
You girdled sorrow, you clung to desire,
sadness stunned you, in you everything sank!
I made the wall of shadow draw back,
beyond desire and act, I walked on.
Oh flesh, my own flesh, woman whom I loved and lost,
I summon you in the moist hour, I raise my song to you.
Like a jar you housed infinite tenderness.
and the infinite oblivion shattered you like a jar.
There was the black solitude of the islands,
and there, woman of love, your arms took me in.
There was thirst and hunger, and you were the fruit.
There were grief and ruins, and you were the miracle.
Ah woman, I do not know how you could contain me
in the earth of your soul, in the cross of your arms!
How terrible and brief my desire was to you!
How difficult and drunken, how tensed and avid.
Cemetery of kisses, there is still fire in your tombs,
still the fruited boughs burn, pecked at by birds.
Oh the bitten mouth, oh the kissed limbs,
oh the hungering teeth, oh the entwined bodies.
Oh the mad coupling of hope and force
in which we merged and despaired.
And the tenderness, light as water and as flour.
And the word scarcely begun on the lips.
This was my destiny and in it was my voyage of my longing,
and in it my longing fell, in you everything sank!
Oh pit of debris, everything fell into you,
what sorrow did you not express, in what sorrow are you not drowned!
From billow to billow you still called and sang.
Standing like a sailor in the prow of a vessel.
You still flowered in songs, you still brike the currents.
Oh pit of debris, open and bitter well.
Pale blind diver, luckless slinger,
lost discoverer, in you everything sank!
It is the hour of departure, the hard cold hour
which the night fastens to all the timetables.
The rustling belt of the sea girdles the shore.
Cold stars heave up, black birds migrate.
Deserted like the wharves at dawn.
Only tremulous shadow twists in my hands.
Oh farther than everything. Oh farther than everything.
It is the hour of departure. Oh abandoned one!
Comments about A Song Of Despair by Pablo Neruda
Poems About Despair
- 1. A Song Of Despair , Pablo Neruda
- 2. The Song Of Despair , Pablo Neruda
- 3. A Meeting With Despair , Thomas Hardy
- 4. Despair , Anne Sexton
- 5. Sonnet 144: Two Loves I Have, Of Comfort.. , William Shakespeare
- 6. Song Of Despair , Pablo Neruda
- 7. Despair , Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 8. Despair , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 9. In Black Despair , Czeslaw Milosz
- 10. In Despair , Constantine P. Cavafy
- 11. A Song Of Despair , VIPINS PUTHOORAN
- 12. Shall I Wasting In Despair , George Wither
- 13. Hope And Despair , Lascelles Abercrombie
- 14. Ode To Despair , Charlotte Smith
- 15. Song. Despair , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 16. Despair , Ada Cambridge
- 17. Despair , Kelly Vinal
- 18. Ode To Despair , Mary Darby Robinson
- 19. Despair , Paul Laurence Dunbar
- 20. Fragment: Such Hope, As Is The Sick Desp.. , Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 21. Despair , Esther Leclerc
- 22. Despair , Leo Yankevich
- 23. Desire And Despair , C.N.Premkumar (love poems, V ..
- 24. But Don'T Despair , Mark R Slaughter
- 25. The Difference Between Despair , Emily Dickinson
- 26. To Reformers In Despair , Vachel Lindsay
- 27. Despair , Mary Nagy
- 28. (981) Invitation To Despair , Melvina Germain
- 29. Edge Of Despair , Seema Chowdhury
- 30. Limerick: There Was An Old Man Whose Des.. , Edward Lear
- 31. Despair , Edith Nesbit
- 32. Hour Of Despair , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 33. The Despair , Abraham Cowley
- 34. Beyond Despair , Sarah L. Johnsen
- 35. Somewhere Around Despair , Sofiul Azam
- 36. No Man Can Compass A Despair , Emily Dickinson
- 37. The Valley Of Despair , Patricia Grantham
- 38. Despair , Howard Phillips Lovecraft
- 39. Happiness...Despair , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 40. My Despair Comes And Goes , Shalom Freedman
- 41. Despair , Jean Blewett
- 42. The Irony Of Despair , Lauren Phillips
- 43. Hours Of Despair... , (brief renderings) Joe Fazio
- 44. Despair , Mathilde Blind
- 45. Cries Of Despair -Haiku , 2bpositive 2bpositive
- 46. Despair , Adeline Foster
- 47. Despair , Marian Osborne
- 48. Heavy, My Despair , Paul Verlaine
- 49. Despair Is Darkness , Shalom Freedman
- 50. Despair Of The Early Morning , Shalom Freedman
New Despair Poems
- Oh Despair Has Come Again Understanding .., Shalom Freedman
- Water Cried, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Despair, Richard Wlodarski
- An Account Of Despair, With A Prophecy, Daniel Brick
- Future Necessity (An Excerpt), Leon Moon
- It Is Not Desire Which Produces Sorrow, .., Joshua Aaron Guillory
- It's Not Desire That Produces Sorrow, Bu.., Joshua Aaron Guillory
- There Is A Time When Despair Is Not A Mo.., Shalom Freedman
- Despair And Despair And Despair, Shalom Freedman
- The Depths Of Despair, J. Fern Mossely
- carpe diem