Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
In The Kadamba Grove - Poem by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
'In the kadamba grove what man is (that) standing?
What sort of word coming is this:
the plough of whose meaning has penetrated startlingly the path of hearing?
With a hint of union, with its manner of penetrating
making one well-nigh mad:
My mind is agitated,
it cannot be still,
streams flow from my eyes:
I know not what manner of man
it is who utters such words:
I see him not, my heart is perturbed,
I cannot stay in the house:
My soul rests not,
it flutters to and fro in hope of seeing him:
When she sees him,
she will find her soul, quoth Urdbab Dâs.'
Comments about In The Kadamba Grove by Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda